Arts Management Post-Graduate Diploma Centennial College Sept 2017 – April 2018
- Extensive program including courses on marketing, finances/budgets, event management, web design, Sponsorship, fundraising and an annual symposium.
- Involved in organisation and execution of one day conference.
Advanced Film-making Post-Graduate Diploma Centennial College- Sept 2016 – April 2017.
- Made two short films, worked on more than 5 short films in different departments.
- Gained experience on film sets
Film Technology Bachelor’s Degree PUNJAB TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY (INDIA) JULY 2010 – AUG 2013
- Film Production: 2011-2013
- Journalism and mass communication : 2010-2011
- Extensive research on world cinema, made two short films and documentaries, studied film aesthetics, camerawork and screenwriting.
Professional Development Programs
RewireU Professional Development – Second City, Toronto
Workshop to enhance working creatively within professional organizations.
Mentorship Program – A Space Gallery, Toronto
Insight into curation, exhibition development, staff responsibilities
Newcomer Film mentor Program, LIFT, Toronto
Selected for mentorship under Independent Filmmakers of Toronto, made a short film
Box Office Agent – Toronto International Film Festival August 2018- Sep 2018
- Selling tickets, memberships and gift cards to patrons, printing mobile tickets, will-call tickets, providing information about movie screenings to patrons, performing Credit-Debit and cash transactions, group sales, third-party tickets.
Social Media Assistant – Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival, Toronto April – 2018
- Responsible for photo and video coverage of industry related events, Quick videos for Twitter, documenting and supporting the volunteer experience, live-tweeting, using social media platforms Buffer, TweetDeck etc. to support the festival events.
Cinema Usher – Toronto International Film Festival August 2017- Sep 2017
- Scanning tickets, supervising volunteers, directing patrons to theaters, assisting with setups, providing customer service to assist with queues, ensuring safety and engaging guests. Maintaining cleanliness in cinemas and other facilities, in lobbies, concession stands, hallways.
Film Programmer – Chandigarh Creative Cinema Circle August 2013 – August 2016
Overseeing planning for the festival and annual program activities. Executed Filmmaker’s talk sessions. Curated Regional cinema screenings.
worked with distributors, sales and marketing teams. Created blog posts for websites.
Donny Award for Best Short Film for ‘Refuge’ ( Writer/Director ) – Toronto 2017
Special mention for Peter Dickinson Award for leadership and critical thinking – Toronto 2017
- Canadian film Academy Awards – March 2017
- Toronto Black Film Festival – Feb 2017
- Winter folk music festival – Feb 2017
- Regent Park film festival – Nov 2016
Film Set Experience
As Writer and Director –
- Returning to Home – 2014
- Hotel Shagun – 2015
- Refuge – 2017